Scott and Stewart Forestry Consultants Ltd. (S&S) is a forest management company committed to providing services to our clients in a timely, safe and environmentally responsible manner.
Management is committed to ensuring the safety of every worker at S&S
- Safety and health are shared responsibilities. Everyone from management, supervisors and any worker are responsible for his or her own safety and the safety of his or her fellow workers.
- It is everyone’s job to spot hazards and report these in a timely fashion.
- Where hazards cannot be completely eliminated, they must be reduced through engineering or administrative controls or as a final precaution, through proper use of protective equipment.
- Every individual will be trained to work safely. Should a worker feel inadequately trained to perform a certain procedure, they will discuss the problem with his or her supervisor.
- Management and employees will cooperate in implementing all aspects of the safety program.
- As a condition of employment, each employee must consistently work in a safe manner.
- Safety off the job is as important as safety on the job.